Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Weight Lost, Ideas and a Bit of Discouragement

Well, first things first, I weighed myself this morning and I am sooo happy to say, I have lost 5 lbs!!! I am so excited to see progress on the scale.

I had a few ideas to motivate me to exercise (in general, longer and more often) and to try to stay more full in between meals. I have a huge problem with reading. I love getting lost in a book and tend to not put it down until I have finished it. Its like my mind won't allow me to focus on anything else. So, as an incentive to exercise, I am only allowing myself to read while I do cardio (I ride an aerodyne bike for 20-40 minutes, depending on what else I do for exercise, at a moderate to fast pace).  Aside from motivating me to exercise, this also helps me to continue on the bike longer than I normally would. I love music when I work out, but it doesn't hold my attention and I get bored, so reading is really helping. Also, the bike is really loud, so I can't hear the TV without waking up every other occupant in the house.

I also have been focusing on chewing my food more thoroughly and slowing down on eating. I am finding that I tend to just eat as fast as I could, and then I don't even really taste it. I think that if I slow down, I'll not only feel full quicker, but hopefully will stay fuller longer, because I'm finding I am starving by the time dinner comes, and I'm getting more hungry in between meals. I'm eating things that should keep me full, so I don't know what is going on. Metabolism speeding up maybe?

Lastly, there is always a point in my diet/lifestyle change/etc where I start to get super discouraged because I am not physically seeing a difference, you know, in a mirror. I didn't expect to see a difference with only 5lbs lost, and I am feeling a difference, just from that little bit, but I really want to see something. This feeling usually comes early for me in the process and this is the point where I say F**K it and binge. I am not going to do that, however, because I have a lot of good support this time.  It is hard for me because I'm visual. Seeing the scale change is awesome and I'm hoping that once I've lost about 20lbs I'll see a difference.  I think I read it takes about 10 weeks to physically see the difference. I hope so.

I started doing Yoga last night. I decided I will alternate yoga with other strength building exercises. I like that it helps to stretch out my sore muscles but also builds strength and muscle. I think my next goal, after getting some yoga poses down, is to try Pilates. If you haven't tried either, you should. Yoga was super relaxing, and a long time ago, prior to my baby being born, I did Pilates and it felt great.

Well, I'm off to write some more on the current book I'm writing: "A Girls Guide to Surviving a Zombie Apocalypse, or Some Other Disaster" (I'll probably change the title because it is going in a different way then I originally thought)

I hope you have a great day, eat well, have fun exercising and do something great for your body.


No comments:

Post a Comment