Friday, January 11, 2013

Panic Attack or Low Blood Sugar? Who knows...

So I had to take a day off of blogging. Wednesday was a bad day for me. I started out good, as I had said in my previous blog, but as the day progressed I became more and more frustrated and upset. Along with that I had a panic attack, or maybe it was low blood sugar. My dad says sometimes it feels like the same thing. I had to take a step back and take a look at what I was eating for the day.  Although I am supposed to take in about 1440 calories, I've mentioned before I've been having a hard time meeting that goal.  I noticed that my biggest meal tends to be dinner, so I try to save my calories for it. So I guess I am not eating enough during the day. Yesterday I did my best to even it out but went over my daily intake by 40 calories. I was a little bit disappointed.

Wednesday I was so stressed, I even had a beer. A Corona Extra to be exact. I still managed to keep under my calorie intake, but it totally messed up my plans of working out.  I laid down with my baby, my head hit the pillow and next thing I knew it was 11:00. I will not be doing that again. The beer gave me just the right amound of relaxation, but it screwed me all up when it came to workouts.

I have been spending my lunches at work writing my current novel. (Story, book, whatever you want to call it.) As I do this, I picture the characters and i've noticed that I try to make all the girl characters out to be how I want to look, at least by body type. I always change the haircolor, eyes, etc. All in all I want to be healthy, but I can't help but think that I might be disappointed if I never have the ideal body I see in my head.  Any ideas on how to overcome that and just be happy no matter what?

Along with Snowda and Trish, I am going to make the weight loss jars so I can see the progress. Because I felt guilty about the beer I decided to weigh myself (bad idea I know. I am really trying to keep it at once a week) and instead of gaining a pound or two like I thought, I had actually lost 3 more from the two days before when I did my weekly weigh in. I am not sure if that is going to stick, but I was happy and relieved to see that I had not gained anything. 

On another note, I am noticing that my pants are fitting looser. I can't wait until I am down one full size. It will be a reason to celebrate!

So glad it is Friday. I am ready for my weekend. I may be blessed with one full day of relaxation. My parents and brother are going to San Francisco tomorrow and may take my little one.  I will do my workout early, then spend the day watching movies, writing and reading.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I see you keep updating this! I'm impressed! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete